Re: [ICANN-EU] Don't waste your endorsement vote

On 4 Sep 2000, Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:

> * Joop Teernstra wrote:
[...]
> >Do you want the backing of the Individual DN owners?
>
> Every support is welcome. But my statements provide solely my personal view
> regardless if this helps or not. In this way I loose voters, but I hope I do
> not write silly political messages.
>
> >Do you pledge to do something for them?
>
> As written some weeks ago I do not support WIPO interest. Brand law and
> domain names do not coexists in the current flat name space. So brand laws
> have to retreat.

I am not sure I understand what you precisely mean. Are you saying that
TM's should not have a special protection in domain name space?

> As written ... IMHO the current ICANN policy does a good job limiting the
> brand rights to deliberating acts of brand violation. Unfortunly it is not
> perfect (nor it can ever be), but please go back to the archive.

Again, your position is not clear, maybe because you use different words
than I would for certain procedures. Do you say that the current UDRP is
working alright? And what do you mean by it not being perfect? Would you
not say there are too many 'mistakes'? Bodacious-tatas.com? Barcelona.com?
Some people are put out of business and are at risk of going bankrupt
because of this "not perfect" UDRP. Would you not say there has to be done
something about this very soon?

Or do you really not care, because you think every company should have
just one domain, no more? Let them fight over domains amongst them, they
are wrong and bad anyway. Is that your position?

--
Marc Schneiders ------- Venster - http://www.venster.nl
 marc@venster.nl - marc@bijt.net - marc@schneiders.org