Re: [ICANN-EU] .EU

Funny, I have asked several times, to explain to me why we need a .eu
ccTLD. Is my question so stupid? Am I in everyone's kill filter? Is there
no answer and is it just one of those things one has to support?

1. The European Union (or the European continent if you like) is not a
country and will not be a country soon. Why a ccTLD?

2. Will .eu not be merely used for
a. duplication of names now already in .de, .fr, .it, .nl etc?
b. speculation?

3. Can't the Eurpean Commission simply use eu.int?

Thank you!

--
 Marc Schneiders (more in header)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Jefsey, Alexander,
>

> >At 10:43 30/09/00, you wrote:
> >>Dear Jefsey,
> >>sorry to disagree once more! ;)