Re: [icann-eu] Summary

Thomas Roessler wrote:

>   One possible way out of this mine field may be the following
>   approach: Appoint a former director in order to communicate the
>   necessary experience with ICANN's history, and appoint one of the
>   newly-elected at large directors to communicate experience with
>   the election process, and serve as a liaison to the board.

On second thoughts, this seems to me the *only* way out (BTW, when you say
"former Director" I assume you mean "former initial Director", and exclude
the former SO Directors).
And in the first group, Greg Crew seems the strongest candidate.
Eugenio Triana, Geraldine Capdebosq and George Conrades did not even come to
MdR - that seems a sign to me that they consider the experience over, and
would not like to be involved again.
I don't know how happy would Esther Dyson be about such an appointment.
This makes the appointment of Greg Crew even more likely.

Roberto