Re: [members-meeting] Re: [icann-eu] Summary

On 2000-12-05 15:24:54 -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> To my mind, these ancillary benefits are so incredibly valuable
> that the possibility of indirect elections should not even be
> considered.

When are these benefits going to materialize?  I don't think there's
a point in fiercely defending some virtual benefits which aren't
going to be there any time soon, if this, in turn, implies that the
board may arrive at a point where "no consensus" is a correct
description of the opinions around.

Also, as Roberto already pointed out, you still have to answer the
question how you believe that a _mixed_ model (elect 5 directors
directly, and 4 of them indirectly) jeopardizes these benefits.

--
Thomas Roessler                         <roessler@does-not-exist.org>