Re: [members-meeting] Re: [icann-eu] Summary

Jefsey,

Just a point of clarification.

>What Karl says we will inherit from the principle of @large Directors being
>directly elected is not negotiable: this is our right and it would make
>everyone
>question the Californian nature of the ICANN. Our atomic bomb there is an
>alternative international ICANN as proposed by Roberto.

I am not "proposing" an ICANN as International Treaty Organization.
I am just noting that the more ICANN is US-centric (as for instance the
nomination again of a US citizen as Chairman), the more we depend on petty
local laws (as for instance the provisions of Califirnia law on membership),
and the more arguments we will bring to the case of ICANN under UN.

What I propose, is to make this current ICANN work better (including it
being more open to the rest of the world, which we can achieve with regional
AtLarge councils, BTW).

Of course, if this ICANN fails, all options are possible, and I believe that
an International Treaty Organization is the more likely solution.

Regards
Roberto