[icann-europe] .kids or .kids.us?

Hi all,

what do European ICANN members think about the plan of two Congressmen to
pass a bill that would force ICANN to introduce the gTLD .kids?
In my opinion, a national parliament can only legislate a domain within
their ccTLD, in this case .kids.us. (Just logically, I know that the rules
for registrations in .us would have to be changed and that some politicians
in the US do not recognize the international perspective and view ICANN as
an American organization.)

What do you think?

Volker