Re: [icann-europe] .kids or .kids.us?

Marc and all,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, at 12:34 [=GMT+0200], Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > ICANN has received the message anyhow, and will approve .kids "obtorto
> > collo" at the next occasion. Moreover, in this way ICANN will remain the
> > sole responsible of the delegation of .kids (a decision that BTW I consider
> > silly, because it implies that the delegated Registry should police the
> > contents of the Websites worldwide).
>
> It will prove to be an interesting exercize, in all stages of its
> realization. Not in the least the first, when ICANN will have to
> ignore new.net, which already sells .kids names, or lose the 'trust'
> of all those who pledged support to the one-and-true usg root.

  I think that the "Trust" factor with the present ICANN BoD and staff
has been pretty much eroded already.  To the point I would say that
without a complete revamping of the ICANN Bylaws, and the removal
of all but possibly two of the ICANN BoD members, that ICANN
will never truly recover.

> --

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827