Re: [icann-europe] Re:.kids or .kids.us?

Sergio and all,

  What the responsibility issue boils down to is that the ICANN BoD
is responsible to no one currently.  It should be responsible to the
stakeholders
directly.  If and when this occurs, than and only than will responsible actions
take place on a regular basis from the ICANN BoD and staff...

sergio.baccaglini wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> >ICANN is behaving and talking like
> > something much larger than what it should be, and what the rest of us
> > expected/thought it was.
>
> Interesting are at this point the considerations of Karl *At Large about the
> budget and about ICANN becoming too "big". [www.cavebear.com , I think]
>
> I still do think that something that is still really missing in the ICANN
> BOD is responsability.
> There were some parallels between ICANN and parliament later, but well...
> the main characteristic of ppl elected in parliament is being **responsible
> for their acts, in the sense that if their acting is perceived by voters
> (citizens) as "incorrect" they lose their seat at the Congress or
> Parliament. This characteristic of democracy is typically intended as
> fundamental, as this responsability operates it can grant to the voters the
> needed check on representatives's acts.
>
> Icann, until now, is missing very much this point. It's not a casual
> situation, as you can understand "being responsible" means having a check
> and a check is not liked if you plan to act differently from how the people
> (at large membership, for eg!) think you should act.
> Also, the formal instruments prepared by Sims and inserted in the by laws to
> produce the Reconsideration are too undue and unfair.
> Also completely anti-functional is the Indipendent Review Process . For this
> check the latest status report by ICANN to DOC [status report 3, Task 3].
>
> At the end, responsability is needed for ICANN directors and most of all for
> ICANN actions. The larger responsability the larger we get fair actions.
>
> Wich role for Europe or US? none.
> Wich role for at large membership? the checkers !
>
> Bye all
> S b)
>
> >ICANN is behaving and talking like
> > something much larger than what it should be, and what the rest of us
> > expected/thought it was.
>
> --

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827