Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

Alex and all fellow Eu Participants,

  I also can't imagine that the EC council will be very pleased or
cooperative with Louis Touton or the ICANN Staff should the
contractual requirements mean or imply in any way that
carrying the .EU TLD in the USG/Legacy roots to be
bound by the Stuart /ynn/Touton/Simms restructuring plan
which the COE has already rejected.  And this seems to be
the gist of Michaels article...

Alex French wrote:

> The even more interesting thing is that if they do need an ICANN contract,
> the US Dept of Commerce will probably have to approve the deal and the
> establishment of .eu. Although this would just be a formality, I can
> imagine the EU would not be pleased with the idea of having to get the US
> to approve their domain!
>
> Alex.
>
> At 05:16 PM 28/03/2002, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
> >http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=646
> >
> >Was this expected?  It surprised me.
> >
> >Any idea what this contract will look like?  How much will .eu have to pay
> >ICANN?  How much will it have to obey ICANN?
> >--
> >                 Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
> >A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@law.tm
> >U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> >+1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
> >                         -->It's hot here.<--
>
> --

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827