Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

Date sent:      	Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:20:38 +0000
To:             	"Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
From:           	Alex French <afrench@vianetworks.com>
Copies to:      	icann-europe@lists.fitug.de, ecdiscuss@ec-pop.org
Subject:        	[icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] ICANN to require contract from .eu registry

> I can imagine the EU would not be pleased with the idea of having
> to get the US to approve their domain!

That's the good old thread:
who gives the ICANN the Authority to approve or not.

I thing it's really no good Idea to have anyone else
outside Net-Selfregulation to control the ICANN.
The only classic "government" I would acept to
controll ICANN would be the UnitedNations,
but only if they first manage to establish a
working Global Environment-Protection,
as act to qualify themself as an authority.

Regards,

   Karl