Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] Re: [icann-europe] European Root Server System

Marc and all,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, at 15:31 [=GMT+0200], Alessandro Ranellucci wrote:
> > On 22-04-2002 14:56, Steve Dyer wrote:
> > > If Europe ever needed to "split off" from the existing root because the US
> > > misbehaved it would be very simple to do it. [...]
> >
> > How?
>
> By convincing the administrators of resolving nameservers (read: the
> ISPs) to change a little file on their machines. Very simple to do,
> but probably not very simple to convince them to do.

  Actually it is even simpler than that Marc.  All one needs to do
is install BindPlus and SROOTS or implement MultiRoot .
Than regardless of what the Nameservers may point too
reverse routing can occur without delay if either of these are deployed.

  Indeed though, a number of Name servers as well as New.Net
could also be another direction to take for .EU in a eurocentric
approach which as I have heard on the "Grapevine" is being
funded and partly underway as I type this.  I don't know what
the company name is off had however.

> --

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827