[Fwd: Re: [icann-europe] Re: [ecdiscuss] Re: [icann-europe] European RootServer System]

[forwarded to list]

Hi,

Florian Weimer wrote:
> Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> writes:
> > On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, at 13:56 [=GMT+0100], Steve Dyer wrote:
> >
> >> And let's not encourage those who try to profit from destabilising an
> >> Internet that works pretty well at present.
> >
> > Who are they? I am curious.
>
> New.net and its ISP partners

Yep. One of the worst offenders.

> In addition, New.net DNS is activated automatically on Windows
> machines if you install certain Windows programs (BearShare, KaZaA,

Sure ? I've had KaZaa on one of my machines briefly a few months ago, and
had it checked by AdAware - it didn't report this...

Any Idea how I can determine the presence of their plug in ?

Regards

Christoph Weber-Fahr