Re: [icann-europe] Merging this list into a larger one.

Hi,

First, Thomas, I think your idea is great and I support it.

alan@ibgames.com wrote:
> I honestly don't know. My feeling is that the cynical manipulation of the
> ICANN directorate have driven off many of the people who originally
> contributed to the list. I think people feel that there simply isn't
> anything they can do, and that the board will simply do what they want
> regardless.

Thats certainly a point. I was tempted, a few weeeks ago, to try a
short summary of the actions (or non-actions) of the at-large
directors in gerneral and our own esteemed at large delegate
especially.

I refrained, eventually, because I thought it would not be
constructive in any way. What do you think ?

Ah... anyway.... another thing that damped my enthusiasm for this list
is the occasional dominance of it by a few fringe personae, which whom
- or whoose positions - I don't even remotely want to be associated
with.

> There is genuinely little point keeping up a mailing list that no one
> contributes to, and I suspect all the members on this list who want to keep
> in touch with what's going on are already members of the icann-atlarge
> list...

Well, I have to admit I don't. I occasionally visit ICANN Watch and
similar sites, but thats about it.

Regards,

Christoph Weber-Fahr