Re: [icann-europe] Merging this list into a larger one.

At 03:45 a.m. 23/04/2002 +0200, Christoph wrote:

>Ah... anyway.... another thing that damped my enthusiasm for this list
>is the occasional dominance of it by a few fringe personae, which whom
>- or whoose positions - I don't even remotely want to be associated
>with.

I am sure you realize that by this you have given such personae the power
to drive you and others who feel the same off the list, thereby lowering
its standard further.
The IDNO archives show precisely how this has been done.
For this reason alone I would urge Thomas to either institute strict
moderating or else keep one open list but set up a separate list with the
highest standards of civility. (call it icann-europe :))

Once more, I like to caution you all that a single list for the
icannatlarge can become a single point of failure.

The mailing list is good for items that need to be brought quickly to the
attention of subscribers.
But web based forums are better for serious , stuctured discussion that
stays up for easy reference.
Because of slower response times and a "pull" character that does not
pollute all members' mailboxes, they are far more resistant to trolling and
disruption.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
   interim webmaster
www.icannatlarge.com/forum/