[icann-europe] Louis Touton proposes less openess and transparency durring of ICANN BOD election.

All former DNSO GA members or other interested parties,

  On March 6th Louis Touton posted the following:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc12/msg00155.html

  In which he stated " 1.  Public archiving of the GNSO Council
list <council@dnso.org> will be stopped immediately.  In addition,
the recipients of the list will be limited to: (a) members of the
GNSO Council, but excluding Philip Sheppard, who is a candidate;
and (b) the GNSO Secretariat."

 And also:
"2.  Messages posted to the <council@dnso.org> list from its closure
 (see step 1 above) to its re-opening (see step 7 below) should be
 treated as confidential until the re-opening.  The GNSO
 Secretariat may, however, disclose them to the General Counsel
 to the extent appropriate to obtain advice about how to handle
procedural problems that arise during the voting process."

  Does this in part outlined process seem reasonable with respect to
the White Paper and the MoU?  I think not.  Is transparency with
respect to the stakeholders/users not important?  I think it is!
Does Louis's proposal or more appropriately Edict, indicate that
perhaps some less than ethical practices in the now new election,
or should I say "Selection" of ICANNBoD members, are occurring
and will in the future?  Seems so...
What say you fellow stakeholders/users?  Stand up and be counted!