[atlarge-discuss] making things proceed

Dear all,

I think there is just one thing we have to do to make things proceed:
do some actual work.

I have proposed repeatedly to assign to one or more persons the task
to lead the work on four specific issues. One of the issues is how to
run the next elections, and I think that we need to understand that
before being able to set up any election process, including a date.
After understanding that, we will actually kick off such process, and
hopefully in the meantime other things inside and outside of the
organization will have proceeded, so that we have a better view about
what we should do.

Anyway, I want to point out that elections have to be a mean for
building a group that can actually make other things happen: ie
incorporate the organization with agreed Bylaws, get exposure and
funding, etc. I do not want to play the endless electoral game in
which we all discuss and vote and nothing ever gets done.

Now, I have had some personal problems in the last couple of weeks
that prevented me from posting more than I did, and they should be
hopefully solved by the end of this week. I really want to work on the
structure and Bylaws of the organization. I will of course share my
work with the list and all of you, but I think this work must be led
by one person, as timing is very short and we don't have time to
discuss infinitely on wordings once we agree on the substance. I hope
you share this idea.

I think that James Love, if he wants to, could work on making
elections possible, ie understanding who will host and run them, which
mechanism we should use, how we should verify the identity of the
voters - of course sharing this work with the list. Jamie, do you want
to do this?

Also we need someone to coordinate work on the website, together with
Joop, that has been confirmed as our webmaster (though I didn't
receive his acceptance yet). And we need to organize some outreach.
There's plenty of work to do for all those who want to work - we only
need to do it with some order and with some clear targets.

Is this something we all can agree upon?
--
.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo vb.
Vittorio Bertola     <vb@vitaminic.net>    Ph. +39 011 23381220

DISCLAIMER, PLEASE NOTE: This communication is intended only for use by the
addressee. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
Transmission, distribution and/or copy cannot be permitted. Please notify
immediately the sender by replying if you are not the intended recipient.