[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [atlarge-discuss] Debate
- To: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Debate
- From: Joop Teernstra <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:39:02 +1200
- Cc: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <3D1F28B5.C600257@hermesnetwork.com>
- List-Help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-Subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <3D1BED19.349BFF92@hi-tek.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 03:50 1/07/02, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>Joop Teernstra wrote:
> > At 17:43 28/06/02, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
> > >Not I. I have better things to do with my time than be stymied in my
> > >efforts by spin-mongers, cronies, and Joop.
> > Anyone who speaks about "wresting control" considers himself stymied by the
> > demands of democracy.
> > Control needs to be distributed in order to prevent anyone shouting TRUST
> > ME from hijacking it.
>Is that why you never provided the passwords and ftp user info for the web
>our Interim Panel? Especially _after_ our Panel requested you do so? Let me
>understand you here, Joop... In your vision of democracy, I suppose your
>representatives are there just for you to ignore whenever it's an issue of
In my vision of democracy, it needs at least a quorum of the supervisory
panel to deal with vital issues of control.
I have not seen 5 Panel members voting. If they have, my apologies and I
await orders from your Chair.
But you can have my resignation as interim webmaster at any time.
Bret Fausett can set new passwords and lock me out as he sees fit. He's
now in "control".
The domain name can be transferred to whatever legal entity will be created
for the AtLarge.com community.
I am trying to distribute control until proper mechanisms are in place.
You backbiting is not helpful for recruiting volunteers to help organize
the At Large.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org