[atlarge-discuss] new elections for icannatlarge.com approaching

Dear all,

as the term for the current icannatlarge.com panel approaches, we are about
to start a new election for the next panel.

Details are still being formally worked out by the current panel, but I hope
that in a couple of days we will be able to send out a formal charter for
the elections. However, if you are interested in participating to
icannatlarge.com or, more generally speaking, in defending the role of the
public in the technical administration of the Internet, we encourage you to
immediately start to do the following:

- if you're not an icannatlarge.com member yet, go to www.icannatlarge.com
and register; all members registering before Monday, July 15 will be allowed
to vote;

- suggest your own nominations (or even propose yourself as a candidate) by
posting to the atlarge-discuss mailing list(*) or to the "Second Elections"
forum on the icannatlarge.com website by July 15; all nominees that accept
the nomination by July 16 will be included in the ballot.

We recommend you to subscribe to the atlarge-discuss list as most of the
campaign will take place there; also, candidate information pages will
possibly be set up on the website.

The next panel will have to take very important decisions, such as whether
and how to participate to ICANN's newly established At Large Advisory
Committee, just to name one. This is why I think that these elections
deserve all your attention.

Regards,

Vittorio Bertola
Current icannatlarge.com Chair