Re: [atlarge-discuss] final schedule for elections

At 11:52 a.m. 16/07/2002 +0200, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>The panel just approved the following updated schedule for the
>elections:
>
>Wed Jul 17              Official announce and charter sent to voters
>                         Official announce on the website
>Mon Jul 22              Deadline for nominations / voter registration
>Tue Jul 23              Deadline for nomination acceptances
>                         Candidate pages set up on the website
>Thu Jul 25              Final ballot text and voter list supplied to
>                           Elisabeth
>Fri Jul 26              Ballots sent
>Sun Jul 28              Vote starts
>Sat Aug 4               Vote ends
>
>This is just one week later than the original, not two - many panel
>members were concerned about going too far into August. The schedule
>is still subject to final confirmation of feasibility by the people
>who will run the election, but I hope there won't be problems.

The website has been updated with this schedule.
Question: what is the purpose of a 2-day wait between emailing the ballots
and the start of the voting?
If the ballots are sent on July 28 and the voting starts immediately, you
will have higher participation and more time for question-and-answers.

>Now I am waiting for Joop to send me an updated list of the members to
>be able to send the official announcement to all members.

The updated list is being sent to you at the same time as this email.

--Joop