Re: [atlarge-discuss] final schedule for elections

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:59:51 +1200, you wrote:

>The website has been updated with this schedule.
>Question: what is the purpose of a 2-day wait between emailing the ballots
>and the start of the voting?

Because we want to allow some time in case there are mailing problems
or in case some of the previous steps are slightly late.

>If the ballots are sent on July 28 and the voting starts immediately, you
>will have higher participation and more time for question-and-answers.

Q&A is obviously allowed until July 28.

>>Now I am waiting for Joop to send me an updated list of the members to
>>be able to send the official announcement to all members.
>
>The updated list is being sent to you at the same time as this email.

Yes, I have it. I will try to send the announcement in a few hours.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------