Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

Richard,

My point is that most effective organizations have a Board of Directors
comprised of notables whose commentary carries weight in the community.
Under their guidance you would find a management team responsible for the
day-to-day operations of the organization.  If I were to choose such a
management team it would probably include:

Joanna Lane -- as Press Officer
Richard Henderson -- as Ombudsman
Jamie Love -- as Public Policy Officer
Kendal Dawson -- as Website Manager
Walt Schmidt, CPA -- as Treasurer
John Berryhill -- as Counsel
Elisabeth Porteneuve -- as Secretary
Partick Corliss -- as TLDA liaison
Adam Peak -- as NCDNHC liaison
Karl Auerbach -- as ICANN Board liaison
Sebastien Bachollet -- as Business Constituency liaison
Michael Geist -- as ccTLD liaison
Paul Kane -- as registrar liaison
etc.

Essentially, organizations always have functions to perform and officers to
direct those functions.  Although I am aware that the interim panel has
chosen to commence elections for a broad panel of leaders, I would be more
comfortable if a certain amount of thought could be given to proper
organizational structure, and would ideally prefer an election wherein we
could have candidates competing for particular positions based on the
skill-sets that they bring to the table.