Re: [atlarge-discuss] My choices for a leadership team

Vittorio,

My choices for a leadership team primarily concentrated on folks that are not
already recognized as activists within a Supporting Organization
constituency.  The point of the At-Large is to represent those that are not
already represented within the SOs, and yet most of the non-American names
that I have seen fielded are already active within a Supporting Organization
environment -- those are precisely not the folks that I seek as leaders of
the At-Large.  Let those people do what they need to do within the confines
of their own constituency structure.  They already have a platform from which
they can raise their voices.  They don't need to also set up a soapbox on
this particular stage.

You are correct that many I selected are Americans... so what?  If they are
the best candidates to get the job done then I will support pragmatism over
political correctness any day of the week.

In my view, at this point in the life of the At-Large, the interests of our
community can best be protected by those that are in a position to
successfully interact with the US Congress and the US Department of Commerce
in order to ensure that the upcoming revised MoU provides for user
participation and representation to the greatest degree possible.  The
Americans that I have cited are capable of exerting such influence.

Who can you propose that equally might have such leverage with these
decision-makers?  I am open to suggestions...