[atlarge-discuss] Acceptance of Nomination

Dear Friends,

I am accepting the nomination but at the cost of sounding pessimistic, I would like to state the following:-

1. Outreach: Icannatlarge has simply not taken off in terms of outreach... I am sorry that I could not give more time to outreach in my region. Unfortunately, I am also not aware of anyone else doing outreach work... neither Mr. Vivek Durai nor Mr. Na. Vijayashanker have done anything as far as I know...

2. Panel Meetings: This has been a cause for great concern for me - just because I may not be able to afford to physically attend ICANN Meetings does NOT mean that I should not be made a part of the deliberative processes - unfortunately, thats what happened! I propose that the 12 month Panel establish remote meeting mechanisms as this is essential to any consultative body.

3. Regional Divide: Even though Izumi was from Asia Pacific, we simply did not have enough realization/ awareness of issues for Asia. I propose that the regional issues be paid attention if you want to effectively reach out to users and NCDNHC.

4. More active Chair: I saw a fairly effective (in spurts) Chair in Don Vittorio but as for Izumi, he was the quietest member ever - reacting only when he was directly implicated by someone. This will simply not do!

Finally, I would like to apologize for not pushing my case enough - but after Bucharest, I had kind of given up with this Panel - not to the extent of resigning - Jamie Love, you are a better man!

Regards,

Satyajit Gupta

National Law School of India
Nagarbhavi