Re: [atlarge-discuss] Questions for candidate Jeff Williams

Jefsey and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

> At 06:07 19/07/02, Micheal Sherrill wrote:
> >By the way, every time I disagree with Jeff Williams through this forum I
> >am immediately deluged with subscriptions to online porno magazines, porno
> >newsletters, and such.  Each and every one of these sites claim that I
> >have already joined using my email address.  Does anyone else that opposes
> >Jeff Williams online have this problem?
>
> Dear Michael,
> I think you do yourself here a disservice. The Jeff Williams metaphore is
> part of the Internet and I do support it, as support the Micheal Sherill
> one. The network we build is not in the machines, not even in the software,
> the were previous steps and the current solutions are pretty poor. The
> network we build is in our brains and the way we use it. Brainware is now
> the main issue. And group brainware has technical rules, legislation,
> usages, technologies etc.. to develop we are just experimenting.

  I decided to jump in one more time of this rather disgusting thread.

  I agree with you for the most part here Jefsey.  Some of the current
software used as the "Glue" for the internet as it has sometimes
been described is poor or at least out of date now.  Of course you and
I have exchanged several private posts in the past along these
lines, as you know.

  Indeed you are quite right IMHO that it is brain power and I would
add motivation that is positive as the internet moves forward.  Some
within ICANN itself would not like or wish to see that forward
movement.  This attitude has been evident sense ICANN's formation
in '98.

> What counts is who you do represent, not who you are the delegate of. Has
> Micheal Sherill more importance than Jeff Williams or not in this forum? If
> yes why?

  I would ask and do ask myself that question in any forum, not just this one.
So this is a good question here Jefsey for everyone to ask themselves fairly
often, IMHO.

> I think he has not. I do not question if you are a man, a woman, youn, old,
> black, white ... I read what you say. What is important with Jeff is not
> that he has 128K membres, what he could truely have and would have no
> impact.

  I know our members have had a significant impact in some areas.
Those have been documented and on occasion taken up by the press.
Hence, I would take issue that active, diligent and vigilant groups
such as ours, and hopefully ICANNATLARGE.COM can and
should have a significant impact.

> It is what he says, what he knows, what he can help with. There are
> occasions where his metaphore has used us a lot, there are other where your
> metaphore may help a lot. So unless you want to introduce a vote on
> delegation and fear that Jeff claims 128K votes against your single one,
> please drop the issue.

  Our members are not against ICANNATLARGE.COM or any other
AT-Large effort per se, and would not be I don't believe.  We may at
times take a stand of some issues that are not the same stand as
other internet groups, as we have done in the past.

> Every newbie falls into that trap, it keeps Jeff
> very polite and the rest of us do not read the exchange.

  Hummmm?  Seems that you often read my exchanges as you have
frequently responded to them.

> Now, to claim that Jeff is sending your porn material :-) believe me I
> support Jeff and I receive a lot too. Everyday...

  I have nothing what so ever to do with porn of any kind.  In fact
I advocated strongly for the .KIDS TLD in an effort to thwart
porn.  This too is also well documented on the old archives
of the NCC list as well as the DNSO GA forum archives.

> jfc

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827