Re: [atlarge-discuss] Membership records Re: [atlarge-discuss] Point of personal privilege -- I'm ...

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 06:09:45 -0500, you wrote:

>Wonderfull idea.
>
>I think there are many possibilities for services that might be offered to members.
>
>Buying services can be another way of contributing to the org, and getting something
>of personal value in return.

Even if we're not able to supply mailboxes or even e-mail forwarding
(which could become bandwidth-consuming if widely used by hundreds of
people) we could possibly have on the site a "personal account"
section where you can supply and edit your updated personal data (with
perhaps some exceptions for data subject to verification, ie a
member's own name). In the end, we could integrate everything there,
from forum access to voting booth (even if we have to consider that
not everybody has web access - some can just use e-mail).
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------