Re: [atlarge-discuss] VB as Chair

Hans Klein wrote:

> Please let's not start listing the failings of the volunteers in this
> group!  We all have made mistakes, and Vittorio has contributed a lot!
>
> I would be more interested to know:
> ** what does the position of Chair entail?

There is no job description currently.  Nor any manner of selection.

> ** Who wants to stand as a candidate and what are their qualifications?

So far, Vittorio has named himself, Joanna Lane has been nominated, along with
James Love.

> By the way, selection of a Chair is an internal board/panel affair, so this
> discussion is appropriately held on the panel list.

This may be true, but Vittorio is clearly the wrong person for the job as his
track record already shows.  I am exercising my right to free speech as a
member of this assembly on this topic; not to mention as a member of the last
panel Vittorio chaired.  I'd like to guage the public support for Vittorio's
claims about his performance.  I think I am entitled just as much as the next
member to speak my mind on matters which concern this organization and its
still non-existent structure.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos