Re: [atlarge-discuss] VB as Chair - A beauty contest???

Sotiris and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  I can see clearly that this "Chair" issue is going to get more
and more interesting as well as possibly divisive to the point
of consuming so much time, important issues to the
members will be again left undone or have minimal
effort applied.

  Seems like Danny's words several days ago now is beginning
to ring more and more true, that this "Chair" for a Panel
is getting to be beauty contest, rather than a thoughtful
determination...  I hope that changes and changes VERY
quickly for obvious reasons...

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> Hans Klein wrote:
>
> > Please let's not start listing the failings of the volunteers in this
> > group!  We all have made mistakes, and Vittorio has contributed a lot!
> >
> > I would be more interested to know:
> > ** what does the position of Chair entail?
>
> There is no job description currently.  Nor any manner of selection.
>

> > ** Who wants to stand as a candidate and what are their qualifications?
>
> So far, Vittorio has named himself, Joanna Lane has been nominated, along with
> James Love.
>

> > By the way, selection of a Chair is an internal board/panel affair, so this
> > discussion is appropriately held on the panel list.
>
> This may be true, but Vittorio is clearly the wrong person for the job as his
> track record already shows.  I am exercising my right to free speech as a
> member of this assembly on this topic; not to mention as a member of the last
> panel Vittorio chaired.  I'd like to guage the public support for Vittorio's
> claims about his performance.  I think I am entitled just as much as the next
> member to speak my mind on matters which concern this organization and its
> still non-existent structure.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos

Guarded regards,

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827