Re: [atlarge-discuss] Latin America and Africa

Friday, August 09, 2002 * 8:55 AM EDT USA

At 04:40 PM 8/8/2002, espresso@e-scape.net wrote:

Whatever the method chosen to select a Latin American and an African to provide that input, it is very important that we be clear: these people are not being "appointed to" the Panel, which is by definition made up of elected representatives. Instead, they would be invited to join its work as non-voting advisors to the Panel. I don't know the candidates who ran for those regions but there are certainly some excellent people there involved in the use of the ICTs to improve people's lives, and I can't see how having a couple of them help the Paanel formulate our aims and methods in writing could be detrimental to our efforts.

If anyone wants me to, I could certainly come up with the names of some women in those regions who could sensitize us to their Internet needs...
I see these as very good assessments and ideas and add my voice to commending them to the panel.

/s/ Joey