Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Fw: [atlarge-discuss] ALOC

Joanna and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> > The big thing is for our Panel and anyone we delegate to
> > participate in a particular discussion on our behalf to remember
> > that they don't (at least, don't yet) have a mandate to *speak
> > for* the membership. >
>
> My understanding is that the Panel may delegate representatives to relevant
> fora as observers, but these individuals have no advocacy role without a
> mandate from the membership.

  Can you show us all where this claim is documented or supported
in any way Joanna?  I think that you may be mistaken that the Panel
may delegate anyone to anything or task...

> At this moment in time we have 3
> representatives in the ALOC. That's all. Personally, I would like to see
> delegates in every fora, not only in observer capacity, but as advocates,
> including every ICANN Task Force, but as others have said, if we resolve one
> issue per week, we are doing well.

  Agreed here.  We need to get busy electing these individuals so that
we have a mandate of the members of ICANNATLARGE.COM
for these various fora...

> It would be helpful to have feedback from the membership on what policy
> issues they would like to address first. The Panel is working on a list of
> suggestions.

  Ok this is a very good suggestion.  A task list or fora could be
compiled from suggestions from the members and than voted
upon so as to be able to move forward with a solid membership
mandate...

> Joanna

Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827