Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Fw:[atlarge-discuss] ALOC

At 11:21 PM 8/9/2002 -0700, Jeff Williams wrote:
Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties,

  I seems that your knowledge of Esthers history is very limited.
She worked with the EFF long before she was a director at ICANN.
But how much do you really know of her tenure at EFF, which was a *much different .org in those days, and IMHO it has changed hugely for the better since she left.

Using only one example that happens to be highly relevant to this list, does anyone seriously think that the EFF of her era would be backing Karl's action against ICANN? I thought not.

As I've not posted here before, I should note that:

(1) I'm one of Karl's attorneys;
(2) I've worked extensively with EFF, from long before Karl had a case;
(3) It is not a coincidence that my working with EFF started not long after Esther left;
(4) I speak only for myself here, not for either Karl or EFF.

James S. Tyre mailto:jstyre@jstyre.com
Law Offices of James S. Tyre 310-839-4114/310-839-4602(fax)
10736 Jefferson Blvd., #512 Culver City, CA 90230-4969

This man, who seems to have led a life of unrelieved insignificance,
must have been astonished to find himself suddenly putting the
Government of the United States in such fear that it was afraid to
tell him why it was afraid of him.

Shaughnessy v. Mezei, 345 U.S. 206 (1953) (Jackson, J., dissenting)