Re: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Fw:[atlarge-discuss] ALOC

James and all stakeholders of other interested parties,

James S. Tyre wrote:

> At 11:21 PM 8/9/2002 -0700, Jeff Williams wrote:
> >Bruce and all stakeholders or other interested parties,
> >
> >   I seems that your knowledge of Esthers history is very limited.
> >She worked with the EFF long before she was a director at ICANN.
>
> But how much do you really know of her tenure at EFF, which was a *much
> different .org in those days, and IMHO it has changed hugely for the better
> since she left.

  Well indeed EFF now is a much more broadly engaged and funded
org than it was just two years ago.  Indeed the argument as you seem
to suggestively make here that Esther active involvement with EFF
being much less than in the past may have played a part in EFF's
perceived improvement.  I know that Esther's involvement with
EFF at that time was sometimes mired in some convolutions
of various natures.  I do not know if that was due in any way
with Esther's involvement at that time...

  As I revealed and stated in '99, Esther is a political gadfly
of the fence stradeler variety... An opportunist, if you will...

> Using only one example that happens to be highly relevant to this list,
> does anyone seriously think that the EFF of her era would be backing Karl's
> action against ICANN?  I thought not.

  Well I also supported Karl's suit.  As did our organization as we
did offered to enjoin that suit.  But your likely right is assuming that
during Esthers involvement with EFF they would have been reluctant
to aid Karl in his suit.

> As I've not posted here before, I should note that:
>
> (1) I'm one of Karl's attorneys;

  Well you guys did a very good job.  Well done!

> (2) I've worked extensively with EFF, from long before Karl had a case;
> (3) It is not a coincidence that my working with EFF started not long after
> Esther left;

  I am sure that in doing so that you were making an informed and
wise decision.