[atlarge-discuss] What is this IcannAtLarge and how is it different from any of the previous efforts?

Folks - I am not saying that this AtLarge effort is a bad idea, but its been
 done absolutely bass-akwards.

Inter-personal squabbles and derogatory postings...
The fact that we still have these issues to deal with - one member posting
something that causes another member to post a caustic reply, is why this
organization is neither representative or capable of taking on ICANN. The
issue is that when you have to step around every lump in the road for fear
that it is a land mine, the value of what the WG produces is suspect...

What are the Deliverables
---------------------------
Speaking of "what the WG produces" - what is that? What are the
deliverables?
because if this cant be answered by each and every member, then
this organization  is a fantasy... And this general failing is also what
makes this At Large exactly like all the other instances of it before.

I would place at stake here a concept that this organization is exactly ZERO
in its value to the world at this time since you have to filter the merde
from the rest of the postings.

What is AtLarge really at this instant in time?
I suggest that if this list (since at this time it is only nominally an
organization) is to be effective, that either these types of postings need
be eliminated or the people posting them do through censorship. The goals of
the organization and not people personal opinions about other people is what
we are trying to advance and with the pure shit hurling contests that occur
here, it is unlikely that the US Government or any other body would take
this group seriously.

So right now - this organization, despite its perceptions of itself is
really only a
mailing list and nothing more.

The charter and operating guidelines should have come before the Board
Elections

Todd Glassey