[atlarge-discuss] Re: Pax pax...

Richard,

I appreciate the diversity values in Democracy, however I personally
feel that when someone voluntarily joins a group by his own will, and is
elected to that group's office; They then has a responsibility that
supersedes their own personal opinions. One does not run for office on
one campaign, and upon election, make an about face and expect not to
receive criticisms.

In regards to the self-proclaimed "vulgar display of acrimony" portrayed
by Mr. Gupta, I have reprinted the letter from Danny Younger and Myself
below.

With exception to only the Tile of the message (Another traitor? ), of
which Danny posted and I followed, I concede that the use of "Traitor"
may be harmful. The Content of the letters in as far as I can see, is
free from any "vulgar display of acrimony".

In my opinion again, and I stress; 'this is only my opinion I may be
wrong', Mr. Gupta has employed simple twist of advocacy by use of the
following: I'll provoke you, just to claim to be the victim.

I fail to see the use of "vulgar display of acrimony" by Danny or
Myself. Further Mr. Gupta has failed to answer the questions presented
him here, nor by members of Icannatlarge thereafter.

Persons elected by the People, have an "Accountability" to those People.
It is a fundamental principle of Democracy.

Which now brings me to the controversial point, If Mr. Gupta's action
are 'status-quo' it leads one to wonder, Whom on the Icannatlarge Panel
that was elected, ran for office just to hedge their position in respect
to Icann's Reforms (Stuart Lynn's reform), and doing so, to better their
chances in the Icann 'Cabinet-System'?

Is Mr. Gupta's apparent defection just a symptom of a much larger
problem?

I would ask that each Panel member to re-read their campaign statements
and give us an up-date on the status of their respective progress.
Accountability comes with Responsibility, and vice-versa.

I will not be blinded by mindless rhetorical. Pax, pax... if you chose
to believe, but not me.

James Khan

P.S.: Mr. Gupta, If you find the foregoing letter a "vulgar display of
acrimony", please accept my humble apologies. James "Jimmy" Khan

Referred exhibits
RE:

I. ----- Original Message -----
From: Satyajit Gupta <icheckemail@indiatimes.com>
I am sure anyone who is not part of the movement is either having a good
laugh or is disgusted by this vulgar display of acrimony in the group
archives...

II. -----Original Message-----