Re: [atlarge-discuss] FW: [atlarge-panel] 006 Vote to choose organization name

At 01:23 p.m. 12/09/2002 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:

> > At 08:53 p.m. 11/09/2002 -0400, Joanna Lane wrote:
> > >Joop,
> > >Are you going to send this ballot out or not? If not, why not?
> >
> > Hi Joanna,
> >
> > I am not aware of what the Panel has decided. I received no email
> > about it..
>
> Joop,
>
> As the Chair, it is my role to coordinate the Panel in the
> execution of their wishes. In this case, the Panel have decided
> to consult the full membership about the name of the organization
> and I do not accept that it is the webmaster's job to coordinate
> the Panel in the Chair's place, neither to interpret management
> decisions, nor stand in judgment of the Chair's decisions, so
> that on a whim, the webmaster may use his/her personal judgment
> to refuse to comply with reasonable requests made of them,
> especially in situations when the webmaster has a vested interest
> in the result, such as this one.

This is getting bizarre.
The only vested interest I have at this unpleasant stage is *being relieved* of the role of webmaster. I have no time for this monkey on my back any more, especially when it is turned into a scapegoat. I can do better things to organize Individual Domain Name Owners--such as writing a Charter.

As far as standing in judgement of the Panel Chair's decisions: every member has this right/duty.
The Panel Chairmanship is not about "management": it is about making sure that each Panel member is consulted on *joint* decisions.
We have not yet held elections for Executive President.

I am not aware that the webmaster is needed any further in the name polling process now that I have set up a receiving address votes@icannatlarge.com.

The webmaster has specifically *not* been appointed Polling Officer.

Joanna and all Panelists have the members' email list.
Joanna even has password access to the updated announce list and all she needs to do is send the Ballot message there.

I have invited her to use this access and send her ballot message, of which I have not seen the final text (and therefore can not take responsibility for).

> Let me add one thing on which you can rely. It doesn't matter how
> much grief you give me, how many obstacles you throw in my path,
> how much delay you cause, how little this organization can
> accomplish because of your obstructive behavior, I am not going
> anywhere.
You are indeed not going anywhere as long as you cannot back up this rhetoric with facts. False accusations are not the way to ensure that diverse individualistic people will cooperate in harmony.

The Panel Chair's bizarre threat that the members may not get the option to vote for icannatlarge.org/com (see Panel archive list) has led me to suggest to her that she step aside as Chair.
I am sorry that the baseless accusations now force me to bring this out here on this list.

 And eventually, no member of this organization will
> have the capability to prevent an elected Board, acting through
> its Chair, from dealing directly with its membership whenever and
> however it sees fit.

By the release of the email list, each Panel member has been given the opportunity to do so, acting through their Chair, or directly.
"However it sees fit" will be each Panel member's own responsibility.

For unclear reasons the Chair wants to bully the webmaster to send out the Polling messages when she has appointed three members (herself included) to act as Polling Officers.

The webmaster has given them all the means to conduct the Poll.

Just do it.

--Joop