Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: Pax pax...

Joanna and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Joanna Lane wrote:

> [...]

  Mr., Gupta may feel, but I do not know, and do not need to know,
that on many other issues Mr. Pisanty is in line with Mr. Gupta's
positions.  One issue does not usually make for a decision as to whom
any individual may endorse a particular candidate for any office or
position.

> The request for an explanation of these conflicting views would seem to be
> reasonable in my view, and does not constitute any kind of invasion of
> privacy or personal attack.

  Yes, a request is certainly acceptable however intrusive it may be.
But a demand for a response is not...

> Everyone who has been elected must be able to
> justify their beliefs and the position they have decided to take to public
> who elected them and whom they purport to represent.

  I believe that Mr. Gupta has already done so..

> Mr. Gupta has no special dispensation in that regard, but if he refuses to
> provide the explanation requested of him, then the only logical conclusion
> one can make is that he is inconsistent, which is not an attractive quality
> in a person.

  He may very well be inconsistent on ONE issue as to his endorsement of
Mr. Pisanty.  However that in no way justifies or qualifies him as being
generally inconsistent as the context of your remark, Joanna indicates.
Hence committing the logical fallacy of "Glittering Generalities" is
inconsistent with proper logic..