Re: [atlarge-discuss] Democratic process (was Re: [atlarge-discuss]encouragement)

Vittorio and all stakeholders or other interested parties and members,

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:21:01 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >the rhetoric and avoid loaded words like corruption. It's not helpful. What
> >would have been helpful is if the Panel had actually got together and
> >answered to the Watchdogs suggestion formally, either by agreeing the
> >Watchdog decision, or overruling it, giving grounds for reasons.
>
> Then if this is the problem, call a vote among the panel!

  Calling for a vote of the panel during an ongoing vote for a new
DN to change the choices in that vote would be paramount to
subversion.  Not expectable!

> Are you the Chair
> or not? Joanna, this issue is blowing up the organization. Please understand
> we have to get out of it NOW. We have to work to fix the website management
> problems, get our mailing lists up and running, re-start growing...

  Agreed here.  We need to get web site management in place and this is long
past due.  Getting our own mailing list is also very important as well.  And
only getting the web site management is within  the mandate of the Panel.
Hence installing mailing list software will need to wait until we have
the new DN determined.  Holding up such a vote that is ongoing as
Joanna has suggested and the watchdogs improperly tried to impose
in the middle of such a vote is disruptive unnecessarily and beyond
the purview of any watchdog group during any vote.