Re: [atlarge-discuss] WG-Funding 001 - Begining of funding resources..

I don't want to single any one person out, but....
Every time I dip into this list, I see hardly any
discussion, and a lot of bickering.

If this list is going to continue to be filled with
rubbish, can the committee consider whether a moderated
(or posting-limited) list might be a possible solution
to the dreadful signal to noise ratio?  Or even whether
there is some other approach?

I know that experienced members can choose to filter
out a lot of the squabbling, but surely this sort of
petty bickering creates a dreadful impression for
new members (and anyone else who may be interested).

If you doubt that, would YOU suggest that potentially
friendly members of the press (or your Director or CEO)
read this list, to understand the issues that concern
users?

We look like a bunch of fractious kids -- the sort that
folk would rather not see OR hear --  not like adults
who are trying to make the rational voice of the
internet user heard.

Something really needs to be done...

People who value the right to post garbage all over
a discussion list, or who value the right to read it,
can continue to play in this bearpit.

The rest of us need somewhere a little quieter -
where we can hear ourselves think!

regards,

	Paul