[atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] CHAIR ELECTION : are nominated

Dear all,

I appreciate Richard Henderson who nominated me as
a candidate as chair of panel but I feel obligated to decline
this nomination with two reasons.

First, I think I feel confident that we fortunately do have
devoted panle members who want to contribute (her)/his
time to keep our initiative going forward regardless of the
external conditions. I do belive they will listen to members
and bring more than I can do to members.

Second, what this organization needs is to build "TRUST"
among one another.

We need "TRUST" to show our collective power

among panel members,
between panel members and members,
among members!

On the other hand, I want to add my proposal on election
wrt geographic diversity.

If chair is from region A,
a vice chair should be from region B or C not A.
This should apply to other elections within this organization, too.

Lastly, I nominated Hans Klein who have shown enormous
energy to keep moving forward as Acting Chair who deserves
appreciation and to stand for this election as a candidate.

I second Bruce and Vivek.

Whatever the result comes out, I do believe that the panel members
shall work collectively to serve the members. I think the other
decliened candidates, Michael and Jefsey are to share this, too.

Thank you,
YJ