Re: [atlarge-discuss] Re: FC: Nancy Carter, who is suing Canadian ISP, replies to Politech

Hello Judith,

As a new member of INEGroup, I must say that I disagree
with our spokeman on this one.  The views that Judith
has expressed for the most part do not concern me.
Although, he does sometimes make some good points, this
Ineg member does not agree with Jeff Williams on this
issue.

Sincerely,

Tim.

expresso@e-scape.net wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Without labouring the point, I'd just like to clarify
> for the Nth time
> that I am quite content to let others decide what they
> think of what I say.
>
> However, Jeff seems to labour under some kind of
> misapprehension or prejudice about me, and has added
> people to the distribution list of his message who may
> not have any prior knowledge of ICANNATLARGE.ORG so
> here goes:
>
> 1. I am not and never have been interested in running
> for Secretary of ICANNATLARGE.ORG, nor have I posted
> anything to say I wanted to do so in the future.
>
> 2. I did offer to act as recording secretary of the
> Outreach Working Group and Jefsey Morfin put my name
on
> the subscription page of the WG-Outreach mailing list.
> Jeff Williams, who is also in that working group,
> objected and demanded that the position be elective
> instead. I expressed my willingness to go along with
> whatever the group wanted but nothing more has been
> said about it. You can read about that in the list
> archives for both [atlarge-discuss] and [wg-outreach].
>
> 3. I am not now and never have been counted as part of
> the IT industry (I'm a freelance writer, editor and
> translator with an interest in the world around me).
> Whatever Jeff or any other individual may think of my
> opinions, political or otherwise, is up to them.
>   However, I have the right -- as everyone does -- to
> express my opinions and let them be judged by my
peers.
> Personally, I do not consider a person who
> misrepresents what I say and accuses me of what I have
> not done is one of my peers.
>
> I do sometimes wish Jeff would let the 127,000+
members
> of his INEGroup speak for themselves. Since I've never
> heard from any of them, I tend to wonder whether their
> objections to my existence are as fervent as Jeff's.
>
> I also wonder that the "users/stakeholders" he refers
> to wouldn't realize that each of them could join
> ICANNATLARGE.ORG and together vote to expel me from
the
--
> just an individual Internet user amongst the 1000+ who
> have chosen to join ICANNATLARGE.ORG and try to do
> something useful -- so I presume they could do that if
> they wanted to.
>

> Regards,
>
> Judyth
>

> At 12:14 -0800 2002/11/07, Jeff Williams wrote:
>

> >Nancy and all,
> >
> >  Nancy, you comments/observations and statements
> below adequately
> >address or correct Judyth's errant and grossly
> mistaken remarks in her
> >previous response on this thread.  I also as you
know,
> attempted to
> >steer Judyth in the right direction.  However her
> contentions and
> >observations were and do, although wrongly reflect a
> political
> >diatribe that is present in the IT segment of the
> world today.
> >
> >  What actually concerns me and our [INEGroup]
members
> >and as I understand it, many other
stakeholders/users,
> is that
> >Judyth is seeking a secretariat position for a new
> fledgling
> >organization, ICANNATLARGE.ORG which is purporting
> >to represent any and all interested stakeholder/users
> of the
> >Internet.  With Judyth's expressed comments which you
> included
> >below, it would seem that such a diatribe or
political
> ideology
> >as she expressed is contrary to the desires of many
> stakeholders/users.
> >Hence my obvious concern...

> Judyth Mermelstein     "cogito ergo lego ergo
cogito..."