[atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] The Number 1 problem

Vittorio and all WG-Web Participants,

Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 03:23:26 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >1) a magazine format (to list all sections that must be included)
> >2) a distinctive identity (to grab attention with logo, color scheme,
> >typeface and page layouts)
> >3) flexibility (to scale, to update, to innovate new sections)
>
> I agree - but I'd already be happy if we could keep the homepage up to
> date with events, and perhaps have a better system of membership
> registration and management (such as one that allows you to edit your
> details and to vote online without need for other orgs to provide us
> the voting system).

  Indeed getting to a workable and usable voting system, which is one
of the tasks the Panel is supposed to have already done as you suggest
above Vittirio, needs to be done in very short order.  However also as
you know or should know, the voting system issue has been discussed
at some length, and yet we still do not have any recommendation's from
the Panel for the Members to decide upon with all known options
provided.  Yet several suggestions to the Panel have been made
for such a voting system much along the lines as you suggest above.

> My intention is not to limit the possibility for members to have their
> say on what the website should be and how it should change, nor to
> bring the website under strict control by the panel, but to make the
> process more effective.

  Good!  This is how it should be.  And also how it can be through this
WG-Web group...

> So we need a website management group
> restricted to those people who actually have time to contribute
> something in practice, and that is focused on solving practical issues
> and getting things done.

  That is what the WG-Web is all about Vittorio!  Haven't you figured that

out yet?