RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [wg-web] RE: [atlarge-discuss] RE: [atlarge-panel] Web Site Updates?

Jeff Williams wrote:

| With all due respect, the current Webmaster
| was not one that was determined by the members.

No, he was appointed by vote of the panel.  Until we have bylaws that more
succintly define who appoints the Webmaster, that is as legal as things get
for now.

| As we have seen in past experiences with ICANN's DNSO web site as well
| as the IDNO's website allowing the webmaster to do whatever they wish
| without some guidelines and oversight is a huge mistake as information
| provided on the Website may not reflect the positions of the members of
| ICANNATLARGE.ORG.

The Webmaster is subject to Panel oversight.  Do you really think this
contentious bunch isn't going to scream if Brett goes rogue on us? :)

| Hence we need the WG-Web to devise a set of guidelines and procedures
| by which some updates and especially additions to the Website
| are done.

Yes.  And those need to be rolled into the bylaws.  Meanwhile, we need to
keep the Web site updated.  And it is appropriate that thw Webmaster have
some control over decisions made about the Web site, since he is the one
that will have to implement them.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon
bruce@barelyadequate.info