Re: [atlarge-discuss] Killing ICANNAtLarge by division

On 05:56 29/11/02, DPF said:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:36:26 +0100, "J-F C. (Jefsey)  Morfin"
<jefsey@club-internet.fr> wrote:
>Now, we have to be realistic. You oppose, I oppose, many oppose. But apart
>from Joop, who did really something?

I drafted up eight pages of bylaws (much of which Michael has used in
his draft so glad to see it was not wasted) and have also provided a
paper setting out an option for incorporation.
Yes, and I pushed you to use if to incorporate nz@atlarge.

However just because not much progress has been made on these issues
doesn't mean that I assume to have some sort of divine right to
over-throw the elected panel and use control of a domain name in an
unauthorised manner.
True. nobodys perfect. But here we are. We had no one caring about the site and a denial of panel service (as temporary Chair of the WG-Web I had been unable even to get a response from the Webmaster) to the point I was obliged to enact http://icann-at-large.org for the Panelist to have a possible site and WGs to get their lists.

Because of Joop there is some interest today. Good. I am afraid it will not last. So today we have to permit the Internet @large campus to survive in supporting everyone.

I agree that the Panel original and lasting mess is the origin of everything.

1. we should have started with an @large community support mission statement
2. we should have set-up a community policy statement framework open to debate
3. we should have chosen an organization name for the community support organization
not a site name.

Panel's mission was to foster initative and catalyse joint efforts. I fully agree that it failed. There is two possible reasons: panelists are no good (they have been elected), this is not the good way.

IMHO the good way is supporting the Members way. I will do it with http://icann-at-large.org until this may be hopefully transfered to http://icannatlarge.org. And this includes supporting everyone.

I will do it with http://atlarge.ws as soon as I cann incorporate atlarge/ws (this is part of the dot-root project and I am quite overloaded there - but it is proceeding).

jfc