Re: [atlarge-discuss] Moving to new hosting service this weekend!

Bruce Young wrote:

> My virtual host has not let me in to update my Web site for over a month,
> and I've finally lost patience with them!  So I'm moving to a new host this
> weekend, starting as soon as Friday evening.  I *hope* to have the new host
> set up and configured before redirecting the domain to it, but you never
> know!  So there may be a brief period, hopefully no more than a few hours,
> during which mail to my bruce@barelyadequate.info address may be rejected.
> For those that have it, my address on attbi.com will continue to work fine
> (assuming Comcast doesn't shut it off early subsequent to their merger with
> AT&T!).

If this isn't *exactly* the sort of issue that that the at-large should be
attending to directly, I don't know what is!  If a year ago someone had
suggested to me that today the at-large would still be struggling with
getting organized, and wouldn't be ready yet to dive right into abuses like
this, I'd have thought him extremely pessimistic.

But I've played this theme on my violin before...(my violin is "virtual," not
"bricks-and-mortar.")  :-)