From: Jeff Williams [ <mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
mailto:jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com]

Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 10:23 PM

To: Jkhan

Cc: atlarge-discuss@lists.fitug.de

Subject: Re: [atlarge-discuss] The Point of this

James and all,

Jkhan wrote:

> Jeff,

> All Answers (AWS) below are by account for my actions and opinion

> only, 'It is only my opinion, I may be wrong'.:

>> IN the above vain let me ask you the following and perhaps you can

> or

> should ask yourself these questions in one form or another:

> >1.) What are any member or any of the members doing on a daily basis

> gather funding for ICANNATLARGE.ORG or any real serious amount?

> AWS: Nothing, Until a legitimate Corpus is established it is illegal.

Ok. But ti is not necessary to wait for the Panel to get their act
together enough to complete the tasks they were originally elected to
do, or which one is to put together the necessary legal framework for
ICANNATLARGE.ORG to collect funding... Hence this answer sounds like a
cop-out to me...

> 2.) What can you do to aid in getting the Bylaws written and reviewed

> and what are you doing to to get them written?

> AWS: From the being I have campaigned for and Drafted "Bylaws" in the

> form of a Constitution, using/incorporating parts of the; US

> Constitution, Swiss Constitution, and UN Declaration of Human Rights

> as its founding premise. I have participated in discussion through

> this mail-list with members of the WG-Bylaws, and can even say that I

> have conceded a Federalist form of organizational governance, to my

> Countertarian (Jefsey), just to enable a consensus which would (get

> the wheels rolling) found the basic principles to establish

> ICANNATLARGE.ORG.

All of this is nice an fine, but is without much in the way of
substance. Substance would be a actual set of draft bylaws...

> Having said that, I have flexed, been reasonable, and actively

> participated in the effort to 'establish' Bylaws upon Democratic

> principles. The fact that there are no Bylaws to date, I hold the

> Panel responsible for this.

I agree that the Panel is to a great degree responsible here. However

several members, including myself have submitted a basic set of bylaws
that meets the democratic requirements to which you and many other
members espouse to that this organization could/should embrace. None the
less I haven't seen any actual contribution from you as to bylaws. And
that is what is really required...

> >3.) What are you, the panel, or any other member doing to get

> ICANNATLARGE.ORG registered as a legal entity of some type that is

> agreeable to the membership?

> AWS: ICANNATLARGE.ORG has not been able to establish an Order to come
upon

> some resolution of Charter, and I hold the Panel responsible for this.

Again the Panel is indeed predominantly responsible. But not entirely

responsible. Each member also bares a great amount of responsibility
here as well...

> 4.) What are you or any other member doing to get the Articles of

> Incorporation drafted?

> AWS: (Same as question 2.) In the 'absence' of arriving at a Consensus

> as to nature of ICANNATLARGE.ORG's Constituency, a draft Articles of

> Incorporation is foundless, thus I hold the Panel responsible for this
'Absence'

Using the Panel as a whipping post for their own shortcomings is not an
adequate answer or solution. We as members must route around the Panel
if they are unable or unwilling to get the job done properly that they
were elected to do

> 5.) What recent conferences that have been posted to this forum has

> any or most of the members of ICANNATLARGE.ORG attended in the past 6

> months that are relevant to this fledgling organization?

> AWS: None, this includes Amsterdam and China (Shanghi?)

> 6.) Which or how many members are working (Door Knocking, ect.) to

> gather and grow the membership or this fledgling organization.

> AWS: Myself and many Members are communicating the discussion going on

> with ICANNATLARGE.ORG, which has also grown to include a diversity of

> opinion(s), that being ICANNATLARGE.COM, to offer and attract people

> to join the Membership. Your and My participation in this Forum is a

> testament to the "working to gather and grow the membership".

This forum is very limited, and does not constitute "Door Knocking".
"Door Knocking" is a physical task, not a virtual one.

> The 'development' of 'Issues of Substance" FROM THE CONSTITUENCY

> AT-LARGE, is what is important. The active process in the 'development

> of these issues to mandate', will attract the membership and

> grass-roots participation.

Waiting for those issues of substance to be developed before membership
drives are underway in earnest will see all of us grow very old and gray

before such membership drives will ever get off the ground. Indeed
issues of substance are important. However I don't recall the the US
constitution for instance being officially adopted until 1789, which is
a number of years after the USA was actually established and the war of
independace was concluded... And that was over 200 years ago now. Hence
the founding fathers of these united states are surely now frowning at
us in our deplorable and inexcusable state of this fledgling
organization...

> --

> "They have come, Now build it"

 jk