[atlarge-discuss] I PROPOSE OREGON, USA

I propose we incorporate in the State of Oregon, USA.

For the benefit of those outside the US who are unaware, there is no such
thing as "incorporating in the USA."  This really is the United *STATES* of
America: each state is essentially a sovereign country in its own right,
with their own laws!  So incorporating in the US means doing so in one of
the 50 states. And of the 50 US states, Oregon actually has some of the
simplest and cheapest laws governing nonprofits.

Incorporating costs only $20 and a simple form ($30 if you want a notarized
copy for your records!), and all the regulations and forms are online!
Custom-made for an Internet nonprofit!  :)

I'm willing to donate the time and money to get this done on behalf of the
organization.  The only challenge may be the signatures, but we will have
that challenge wherever we incorporate, seeing that our "corporate officers"
are spread out all over the world!  I'll pay to FedEx the forms to the next
person signing, and we can "round robin" the form from panel member to panel
member until its signed!  The last signer can return it to me and I'll take
a vacation day from work and go downtown and file them with the state.

For those interested in this idea, you can find the following information
online:

Nonprofit incorporation information at
http://www.filinginoregon.com/bic/nonprofit.htm

Oregon nonprofits law at http://www.doj.state.or.us/ChariGroup/Howtolaw.htm