RE: [atlarge-discuss] Re: [atlarge-panel] I PROPOSE OREGON, USA

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

|  Questions:

Answers!  :)

|  1. how many corporate officers when creating are bound to sign

>From the law (OREGON NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT, Chapter 65 at
http://www.doj.state.or.us/ChariGroup/download/ch65.doc )

--------

(6) The document must be executed:

(a) By a fiduciary, receiver or trustee, if the corporation is in the hands
of a receiver, trustee or other court-appointed fiduciary;

(b) By an incorporator, if directors have not been selected or its execution
is before the organizational meeting;

(c) By the person specified in any section of this chapter that required the
document be filed; or

(d) By the chairman of the board of directors of a domestic or foreign
corporation, its president or otherwise by another of its officers.

(7) The document shall state beneath or opposite the signature the name of
the person and the capacity in which the person signs. The document may, but
is not required to, contain:

(a) The corporate seal;

(b) An attestation by the secretary or an assistant secretary; or

(c) An acknowledgment, verification or proof.

---------

I think (7)(d) applies.  I read that as a single signature by our Panel
Chair.  I would also be willing to sign as Secretary and take on those
duties and serve as local point of contact, to simplify adnministration.

|  2. is this signature registration necessary each time an officer
|  joins/BoD change?

I could find no such requirement.  However, we can file changes at any time
for US$10

|  3. what are the yearly costs?

There is an annual report fee of US$10.  In fact all refilings, changes,
notarized copies, etc. cost only US$10.

|  4. what is the yearly paperwork involved in order to keep the
|  organization in proper order

As far as I can tell, only the required annual report, and they'll send us
the forms for that when it's due!

|  We have to be realistic. Organization management is going to fall on the
|  shoulders of someone. So better to keep it the simplest possible
|  and easy to understand for a new commer (it is likeley that this will be
|  often a new person).

It doesn't sound like this imposes very many requirements.  Pretty wide
open.  And again, I'm willing to take on Secretary duties and serve as local
point of contact.  And I'm not going anywhere soon!  :)

|  Ideally all the paperwork should be prepared on-line with a
|  reminder (some single page with links the Secretary can click and fill).

All the forms and rules are availavble online, and all the appropriate
offices have e-mail contacts ( I passed links that pass to most of this in
my previous message), but they'll require real signatures.

|  There will also be the problem of the banking account. It will
|  probably be empty, so what is in the USA the cost of an empty banking
account?

About US$25 to open an account.  The rest depends on a great many factors
(minimum balances kept, etc.) .  I can make some calls Monday and update
everyone Monday night.

If anyone has any further questions, please ask.  Or check it out for
yourselves.  For convenience I'm posting the links again:

Nonprofit incorporation information at
http://www.filinginoregon.com/bic/nonprofit.htm

Oregon nonprofits law at http://www.doj.state.or.us/ChariGroup/Howtolaw.htm

Forms & Fees required at http://www.filinginoregon.com/forms/index.htm