Re: [atlarge-discuss] setting up for new elections

At 12:14 a.m. 25/02/2003, Vittorio  wrote:
We need to appoint watchdogs to run the next election for the new
panel. (Well, we'd need also to write a new election charter and other
things like that.)

Volunteers?

I have volunteered my time to run a pre-election poll to determine *what* we will elect candidates for.

Rights and duties of the watchdogs are spelled out here:

http://www.icannatlarge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=309

The tentative topics of the Poll are:

-Panel size , term and mandate
-Panel and web master rules
-Panel quorum and succession rules
-Your Election Voting System preference (STV or FPP)
- basic mission statement options
-membership options
-Incorporation preference

I have asked Jan Siren , Walt Schmidt and (just now) Judyth Mermelstein to volunteer as watchers.
Walt has agreed and I am waiting for Jan's agreement with the Poll watcher right/duties.

Also which process could we use to appoint them? Theoretically, the
reduced panel is still in charge, so the panel could ratify them. But
we need to find agreeable candidates.
Vittorio, perhaps you can chair the ALAC that way, but in a democracy it is not justifiable to ignore quorum rules to the point that the remaining three out of the original eleven delegates can bind anybody.
There is no Panel at this moment.

The whole idea of an 11 member do-all Panel has failed and the members need to decide if they want to continue that way.

Only the members can speak now and I would like to ask you to help me to run this process as fairly as possible to *all* members, and let the last 20 vote too.

-joop-