Re: [atlarge-discuss]

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 20:33, Rod Dixon, J.D., LL.M. wrote:
> Sorry to interrupt this discussion about paypal, but, I am unsure of what
> the point is.

It's a debate about how to tie real world identities to Internet
identities. Since we're talking about having global elections, making
fraud difficult is a concern.

>  Is it possible for someone to post a clear statement as to
> where the group is in its organizational effort?

Nominations are open. Unfortunately, I've seen no one who seems all that
interested in being on the Panel. Am I wrong?

I'd run, but I know enough to know I don't know enough about the issues
to make a good candidate. Although being a single parent is fun in a lot
of ways, it's hard to find time/money to do much else. ;)

> Who is currently leading this effort?

Bruce, Eric, and Jefsey are organizing elections. Whether you consider
them "Panel members" or "Ex-panel members" is really beside the point...
I think they've more a mandate than, say, I. :)

Joop, Sotiris, Abel, Judyth, Jan, etc. have made generous offers of
ideas, time, and other stuff.

>  How many people are on this list?

That's a Thomas Roessler question

> Why does it seem as if nothing is being accomplished?

I'd say it was due to infighting as a result of miscommunications,
misunderstandings, and different goals for the organization. Right now,
it's because no one has the authority to take any action other than
elections, really.

If you haven't gotten the election mailing from Jefsey
<jefsey@club-internet.fr> , have him send it to you.

Cheers,
-s