Re: [atlarge-discuss] My Candidacy Information

Ron Sherwood wrote:

Dear Sotiris:

No one is questioning your experience or the work that you have done on
behalf of the @large community. However, if you expect the rest of the
world to be represented here by persons with only your experience and
history, you will end up with a panel of one.
That's a flat out lie.

Dictatorship may work from
your perspective, but that is not what I understand our goal to be.

Ah the stock label "dictator"... hmm, how typical. Yet, when have I been in the position of actual dictator, I wonder? Please point it out. "Ron" if that's your name, I have to laugh at your "observations", because you have absolutely nothing to show in the way of any WORK produced by yourself (directly or indirectly) vis a vis ICANN, and yet you somehow believe your opinion counts only because you can vote!!! LOL

Your totally negative attitude towards anyone who does not do things your
way, or whom you don't think worthy of your support, is counter productive
to our cause.
Oh? and what "cause" is that exactly, "Ron"?

Also you are setting a very bad example when you bring the
level of discourse down to one of shouting abuse at anyone of whom you
disapprove.

Shouting abuse? Bringing down the level of discourse? How? When? Prove it.

Please remember that democracy works better when diplomacy is involved.  The
iron fist is far more effective when clothed in the velvet glove. Surely it
is in our best interests to have skilled and experienced members, like you,
gain the trust and respect of those they should be representing.  Your
attitude recently has done little to engender that respect, but rather will
cause you lose the votes that you would otherwise gain.  Many people are
tired of the un-called for, and vulgar, attacks that are such a turn-off on
this list.  It is a shame that you have lowered your standards so much that
you are now one of the perpetrators of this distasteful and destructive
practice.

Prove it. Show us all some substance of my "vulgar attacks"... let's see the messages you're referring to, "Ron". Othewise, your charges are meaningless. Do you hope to smudge me with nothing but smoke?

Because I do not want this third attempt at a Panel to be destroyed by such
anti-social and destructive behavior, you have lost my vote.

Why don't you save us the suspense and tell us all who you will and won't be voting for overall, "Ron"? What need for a secret ballot for the likes of you? But, I bet you'd be the first to cry bloody murder at the idea of an open onlist vote, right "Ron"? Spare us the indignant retorts.

--Sotiris Sotiropoulos

--
-----------

"The science of jurisprudence regards the state and power as the
ancients regarded fire- namely, as something existing absolutely.
But for history, the state and power are merely phenomena, just as for
modern physics fire is not an element but a phenomenon.

From this fundamental difference between the view held by history
and that held by jurisprudence, it follows that jurisprudence can tell
minutely how in its opinion power should be constituted and what
power- existing immutably outside time- is, but to history's questions
about the meaning of the mutations of power in time it can answer
nothing."
				     --Leo Tolstoy, "War and Peace"