Re: [atlarge-discuss] My Candidacy Information

At 08:47 a.m. 25/05/2003, Ron Sherwood wrote:

I suspect it is because we were so involved with our bickering and personal
disputes that we never got around to actually achieving anything (except,
perhaps, to make the list so unattractive that it has shrunk rather than
expanding to its enormous potential).
Ron,

Much as I respect your opinion otherwise, a mailing list has limited potential for mass participation.
It does not scale.
As soon as the traffic gets too heavy, you lose people too, even if it is all worthwhile postings and no flaming.

We need to summarize the debate from the list on to the web.

If the members that we elect to this third Panel are not able to work
together because we elect those who are incapable of behaving in a civilized
manner to one another... we will have again failed in our purpose.
Yes.
If we end up with a buch of hardened flamers, we have not achieved representation. :)

-joop-